Sports eligibility in Marina high refers to the set of requirements and guidelines that determine a student's eligibility to participate in interscholastic sports.
These eligibility rules are put in place to promote fairness, safety, and academic responsibility.
In Marina high school, eligibility is determined by a combination of academic performance, attendance, behavior, and age requirements.
Academic performance often plays a central role, with minimum grade point average (GPA) requirements, certain credit requirements, and passing grades needed to maintain eligibility.
This serves as an incentive for student-athletes to prioritize their academics and strike a balance between their academic work and athletic commitments.
Attendance and behavior requirements are also commonly considered for sports eligibility. Regular attendance in classes ensures that student-athletes are actively engaged in their academic responsibilities. Similarly, good behavior and adherence to the school's code of conduct reflect an athlete's responsibility and commitment to positive conduct, both on and off the field.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible at the end of the 2ND semester will remain ineligible for the first quarter of this school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate in sports teams at Marina High School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "Incomplete" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports are required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing in their high school career along with a parent and complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must register on sportsnet.com and fill out the information on medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.